November 5th, 2008
|09:13 pm - Goals Progress - Week 39 (and 1 day)|
New plan: lots of focus on one goal a week.
5. Bike to work - I did this once last week. DST is here this year and I wouldn't say I did this as often as possible, but I would estimate about once a week for the year. If the weather still holds out I'll keep it up this winter, otherwise I'll pick it up in the spring.
19. Reduce clutter and make cash by selling my extra stuff - I have two eBay auctions running (finally) with more to come this week.
33. Watch 50 new movies at home - Watched Must Love Dogs. John Cusack was good, everyone else was wooden. (32/50)
39. Complete Anya's 'First Year' baby book - This is complete! Finally got the whole thing filled out and it went straight to the keepsakes box.
40. Digitize my entire CD collection using a lossless audio codec - EAC is installed on my Windows partition. I copied a couple more discs but am running into some problems with scratched CDs.
48. Maintain a new open-source project from startup to version 1.0 - Somebody finally showed some interest in Stratlas so I sent him a test build : )
50. Print some photographs and give to family and friends - Snapfish sent me a flyer for 20% off a bunch of stuff for Christmas. This one will certainly be finished within weeks.
52. Restock and redecorate both aquariums with new plants, new fish, and new objects - On the hook for some guppies through Freecycle. My plants are growing!
58. Actually rake the leaves in 2008, 2009, 2010... - Almost that time of year.
73. Give out Halloween candy each year - We did this one last Friday. I felt like such a good neighbor.
93. Maintain a happy, stable marriage - Oh yeah still married
94. Be a good father - Yep
95. Become more honest - As always
96. Focus more time on self-awareness and introspection - definitely
97. Develop and apply some new principles and virtues - This week too
101. Live to be 27 - I made it to 25. TWO MORE YEARS!
Hello, newest friend on my FL!
I'm dreadfully curious about why you're trying to live till you're 27. It seems like a very short-term goal. Personally, I'm hoping for 90, and this year marked 50% of the journey. [Yes, I was 45 this year!]
Also would love to know what kind of winter weather you get in Arkansas. I don't know anything about the state [although I believe I was driven through it once as a child], so my knowledge about it is zip.
Hey there - we are both on 100_snapshots
(we exchanged editing tips one time, I'm the one with the daughter wearing a bow
. Anyway you and my wife brightflashes
are both in therealljidol
together so I figured I should probably add it.
As far as living to 27 - well, that's as far forward as I could go to have a goal ending 1001 days from my start date. I actually finish up this list on Nov. 2, 2010 which will be my 27th birthday. It's a really cool project, all you do is come up with 101 goals to accomplish in the next 1001 days, and then you spend 2.75 years completing them. More information at http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/
and you can see my list here
. Follow my progress just by reading your friends-list: I update every Tuesday (when I remember).
And winter weather? It's a joke. Where we live here it snows very rarely, and since the plows sit unused 363 days of the year they cancel school without any provocation whatsoever. Basically our seasons run longish Spring -> longish Summer -> very long Fall -> a week of Winter. I wear tee shirts almost all year round though I think my wife and neighbors think I'm nuts.