July 17th, 2008
|10:17 pm - Goals Progress - Week 23 (and 2 days)|
1. Take a multivitamin daily for at least a month - This is complete! I finished off my 30 day supply. Since I still have 200+ left in other (free) bottles, I plan to keep taking them. Yay habits!
9. Get promoted to 'Programmer Level 3' at work - Annual reviews are going to take place in a month or two - I did my self-assessment a couple days ago. I'll be sure to mention to my boss that I want to get started on this process.
12. Buy a current-generation game console - With an E3 this disappointing I'm not sure I even want to bother : )
34. Read every book on my 'to read' bookshelf - Taking The Penultimate Truth with me on my trip this weekend. Hopefully I can finish it up.
50. Print some photographs and give to family and friends (as creative gifts, albums, etc.) - Scored a free photo book from Snapfish using mycokerewards - now to figure out what to put in it.
93. Maintain a happy, stable marriage - Yes we can!
94. Be a good father - I think I'm doing well here
95. Become more honest - Expressing feelings accurately is the focus lately.
96. Focus more time on self-awareness and introspection - Yeah. Actually I've been doing a lot of thinking about myself, my feelings, actions, etc. lately. I spend a lot of time in intellectual mode and getting out of that is a challenge that takes a lot of thinking. Ha!
101. Live to be 27 - livin'
|Date:||July 18th, 2008 03:42 pm (UTC)|| |
Congrats on the list :)
If you're looking to do some neat photo books, blurb.com has a neat utility that interfaces with flickr and other services that allows you to make hard and softcover books for resell. I did a few last Christmas for family. They're very reasonable - a 200+ page hardcover coffee table style book was $70.
Thanks for the tip. I've never printed a photo-book before but it looks like fun. Sort of a more professional photo album I guess.
|Date:||July 23rd, 2008 11:51 am (UTC)|| |
thanks for the comments Greg ;-D I actually fiddle around with my list a bit, idk if that's cheating -- not a lot ! But if i *really* don't like something i've put or if there's something i really want to add, then i'd add it. Otherwise next time is just too far away !
I like your list ;-) Congrats for keeping up with good habits ! I think they say it takes 42 days to develop a habit ? ;-)
I changed mine quite a bit the first several weeks but haven't adjusted it much since then. Since the only reward for completing the list is the accomplishment of the 101 goals on it, I figure I may as well change them as often as I like just to make sure they're 1) doable in the timeframe and 2) still enjoyable. As they say: It's the journey, not the end.