May 13th, 2008
|11:42 am - Goals Progress - Week 14|
4. Give up soda - still no soda
20. Send photos of Anya to her grandparents - sent some last night
30. Beat 5 PC games on hardest difficulty settings - Still playing through Mindrover. I'm almost finished.
33. Watch 50 new movies at home - We watched "The Elephant Man", but I wasn't too impressed. (24/50)
34. Read every book on my 'to read' bookshelf - I finished both The Best Science Fiction of Isaac Asimov and I Am Legend, both excellent reads. (7/20)
35. Visit all the used bookstores in Conway - Does Hastings count? Aside from a diverse selection, it's too overpriced and doesn't pay back well on used books.
37. Review 100 products on amazon.com - 23 reviews posted.
41. Back up all my Atari 8-bit computer software to PC and share with the rest of the Internet - This is complete! The post about it is here.
44. Complete 6 electronics projects - A kind soul from AtariAge is shipping me a replacement rubber button thingy, so I hope to finish my Flashback 2 mod this week.
49. Take at least 200 photos each year - Shot another 6 photos of Anya, posted the best three yesterday. Thinking it's about time to print another set. Also, joined 100_snapshots. (114/200 this year)
53. Clean the garage - I cut down some boxes last weekend and am eyeing the Goodwill boxes...
57. Baby-proof the house - Started a little more seriously on this, getting things off the floor and low shelves so Anya won't get into trouble as quickly.
93. Maintain a happy, stable marriage - Still married and happy.
94. Be a good father - I'm still a father
95. Become more honest - yes, this continues
96. Focus more time on self-awareness and introspection - I'm still doing this
97. Develop and apply some new principles and virtues - Not thinking so hard about this in the past week, really, but I think it becomes more natural.
101. Live to be 27 - So far, 24 years 6 months 11 days old.
|Date:||May 13th, 2008 07:42 pm (UTC)|| |
cracks me up. I take about, oh, 200 photos a month or so. My last vacation - 10 days - I took over 1,000!
I know, I feel kind of silly updating to say "I took four photos last month!" I'm just not in the habit of bringing my camera with me anywhere, so I always miss out on the times when I would shoot a lot of pictures.
Even my 64mb compact flash card is overkill for how often I take photos : ) Still, I've gotten more use out of my camera now than I did in probably the past two years, so this is progress.
|Date:||May 13th, 2008 08:10 pm (UTC)|| |
Yeah, I have a tiny Canon Powershot that stays in my purse. That's part of the reason I take a million a year! =)
I'm sure Anya being born had absolutely NOTHING to do with your sudden uptick in picture taking, either, right? =P
Grandbaby + grandparents who live 6 hours away = big incentive...
|Date:||May 13th, 2008 07:46 pm (UTC)|| |
At least one of us is getting stuff done! :-)