March 12th, 2008
|09:52 am - Goals Progress - Week 5 (and 1 day)|
I'm a day behind and I still didn't get much done.
3. Eat a fruit every day for a month - Continuing on fruit juice. Up to 18 days now.
4. Give up soda (and find replacement beverages) - Still haven't had any soda. Frozen fruit punch is good, frozen limeade not so much.
5. Bike to work, weather and health permitting, as often as possible during Daylight Saving Time - I started biking but . The bike needs a little work to make a smoother safer ride.
13. Buy a new computer - HD caddy arrived after some eBay shuffling. Just need an HD now.
19. Reduce clutter and make cash by selling my extra video games, books, movies, Magic: The Gathering cards, etc. - Found more video games to list, and may try selling as a lot on eBay or individually elsewhere.
20. Send photos of Anya to her grandparents at least once every 3 months - Sent pictures again a few days ago.
22. Go on a 'date' with Kassi at least once a month - We're going out on the 18th.
23. Invite new people to get-togethers, parties, and game nights - Hoping some new people can make it on the 29th.
26. Read a bedtime story to Anya every night for a month - This is complete! As of last night that makes 30 days. I'm still going to read her books though - she likes it and so do I. (Last night we read "Is a Camel a Mammal?" which I thought was excellent.)
29. Crochet the world's ugliest blanket - Kassi donated a bunch of old yarn to the project, so I've been working on this a lot lately.
33. Watch 50 new movies at home - Watched three more in the past week: Pauly Shore is Dead, Stranger than Fiction, and Marie Antoinette. Stranger than Fiction was the only good one of the three. (Total 9)
34. Read every book on my 'to read' bookshelf, including at least one Stephen King novel - Read The Alchemist in one sitting. Review is coming. Also, the Stephen King novel I've chosen is "Dolores Claiborne".
40. Digitize my entire CD collection using a lossless audio codec - Ripped four more
41. Back up all my Atari 8-bit computer software to PC and share with the rest of the Internet - Copied about half the remaining disks to ATR. This is nearing completion.
49. Take at least 200 photos each year - 19 more shots here, and 16 of Anya (and the snow), brings the total to 93 this year. This goal is a lot easier than I thought it would be. I am thinking of joining 100_snapshots after my experience with the Three Things Photo Meme (linked above).
55. Replace all lightbulbs with Compact Fluorescent bulbs - Changed another one or two.
93. Maintain a happy, stable marriage - yep, still married
94. Be a good father - Took Anya to her 9-month well checkup yesterday. She needed a shot.
95. Become more honest - I'm doing this.
96. Focus more time on self-awareness and introspection - I'm doing this
101. Live to be 27 - Livin' it up