March 4th, 2008
|01:37 pm - Goals Progress - Week 4|
More stuff accomplished!
2. Get up every day at 7 AM for at least a month - done for the past 2 days. This is a tough one.
3. Eat a fruit every day for a month - Still on the fruit juice. Up to 11 days now.
4. Give up soda (and find replacement beverages) - None since day 1. I bought some frozen fruit punch which is cheap and doesn't taste half bad!
5. Bike to work, weather and health permitting, as often as possible during Daylight Saving Time - Biked in yesterday. Snowed today. DST isn't until next week but I wanted to see if anything needed fixing, and ended up breaking a spoke.
10. Set up a savings account - This is complete! We actually opened two last week, one for our down payment and one for Anya. 11. Buy a YDP-223 - This is complete! Keyboard arrived last Friday. It's very cool.
13. Buy a new computer - Ordered a HD caddy off eBay. Going to get a new drive from newegg on March 15th.
16. Buy a house - Got some (very rough) estimates from our landlord on the cost of the house - expect to purchase next year. I'm calling banks this week for an idea on down payment amounts.
17. Become debt-free - Credit union sent my cancelled loan papers and credit card mailed us a refund check. How nice.
22. Go on a 'date' with Kassi at least once a month - We went out for dinner and shopping last week, and then watched a movie at home. Next date is next week.
23. Invite new people to get-togethers, parties, and game nights - Party planned March 29th.
26. Read a bedtime story to Anya every night for a month - Still on it. We started on Seuss. 22 days.
29. Crochet the world's ugliest blanket - Started on this one. Oh god, it's bad.
33. Watch 50 new movies at home - Two more, Happiness and Jonestown: The Life and Death of People's Temple. Jonestown made me cry. (Total 6)
34. Read every book on my 'to read' bookshelf, including at least one Stephen King novel - got through a few more pages in American Gods before the baby demanded my attention
38. Deck out the bike with some commuter gear - Attached the bike rack and bungee corded a backpack. Just need a pump now.
39. Complete Anya's 'First Year' baby book - Caught up two more weeks.
62. Join a community orchestra or string ensemble - This is complete! My audition went well enough last Friday to get me a spot on Conway Symphony Orchestra's April 19th concert.
71. Volunteer (esp. Habitat for Humanity or other community-type event) - CSO is a volunteer setup for me, but I'm not crossing this off until I actually play the concert.
75. Vote in the 2008 election - Voter registration cards arrived in the mail.
93. Maintain a happy, stable marriage - happily married still : )
94. Be a good father - still a proud daddy
95. Become more honest - I'm doing this
96. Focus more time on self-awareness and introspection - checked my LJ recently? : )
97. Develop and apply some new principles and virtues - thinking a lot more about this in the past couple days
101. Live to be 27 - ah, ah, ah, ah... stayin' alive... stayin' alive